Thursday 18 November 2010

Chirstmas in the Air #2

This is my second (and I'm sure it will not be the last) Christmas inspired post of the year. Previous posts here and last year's posts can be found here, here, here, and this post which is particularly lovely and has a beautiful, very simple and original decoration craft for my crafty friends. There is also a floating Christmas tree if you'd like to see it.

Located on the outskirts of Madrid, this is a decidedly fun house. The owners, Carlos Arriaga who is a painter and photographer and his wife, an interior designer, created a cheerful home full of fun ideas. Tour time, sweets!


An original Christmas tree stands by one of the living room's big windows.


In nearly every room of the house you will see framed photographs and paintings by owner Carlos Arriaga.


The round side table was purchased in Florence, Italy.




A collection of four mirrors in different styles above the white console table.


A Charles IV chest and a Wassily chair for this reading nook.


Very lovely but highly unpractical white rug by the entrance door.


A more traditional Christmas tree in a corner of the kitchen's dining area.


The all white kitchen comes alive with bursts of shocking pink.


Plenty of storage room at the foot of the master bed.


Painting by Esteban Arriaga.


Contemporary lines in the bathroom.


Happy smiling faces.

All images from here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a happy happy home :) And I love those Eames chairs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kifus, thanks for your beautiful comment on my blog. I absolutely love yours & check every day. Your exactly right about the teenagers. Ha.

    Niki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing an amazing job on your blog, keep up the great work! Beautiful post, I love Christmas, such a happy and wonderful time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I so enjoyed this post!!! I love a tree decorated all in white. I wish I could afford to purchase white bulbs and things!! AH some day.
    I like the wood table with the white mod chairs. I have seen that a lot lately---nice comb. I keep seeing how you can have an all white space and then throw in some colors---it does make me happy. You are right about the white rug!! YIKERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps. Thanks for sharing all of those links--I so enjoyed them!! Now I am late for my walk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you wouldn't think that this house was located on the outskirts of Madrid, it has a very scandinavian design feel to it. In Picture#7 where the little girl is, it even looks a bit like it's snowing. :) A very unique and lovely touch for a house that's in Madrid, Spain. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Widget By Devils Workshop